To RSVP to any of the following events, please contact Katy Laird at 416-395-7613 or email@example.com.
September 24, 6:30 pm: Studio Visit with Artist Shelagh Keeley!
- Offered to Associate Members and up ($500+)
- Renowned Toronto-based artist Shelagh Keeley welcomes MOCCA Members into her studio for a special look at her art practice and process.
- For over three decades, Shelagh Keeley’s work has centered on drawings and wall-drawing installations. (www.shelaghkeeley.com).
- She has exhibited extensively nationally and internationally, including 2013 presentations in India, Germany and at the Ryerson Image Centre in Toronto.
October 9, 12:00 – 1:00 pm: All Access Exhibition Tour
- Offered to ALL MOCCA Members
- MOCCA Assistant Curator Su-Ying Lee leads MOCCA Members on an insightful tour of our current exhibitions.
October 24 – 28: Art Toronto MOCCA Benefit Edition
- MOCCA and Art Toronto are delighted to announce that Winnipeg-based artist Sarah Anne Johnson will produce this year’s Art Toronto MOCCA Benefit Edition!
- Gold Box, a chromogenic print with applied gold leaf, will be available for purchase on-site at Art Toronto 2013 for $2,200.00 CDN.
- An exciting Pre-sale Opportunity is available to MOCCA Members at the Contributing Member level and above ($250+)!
October 29, 6:30 pm: Collecting Art, Collecting Ideas Tour Series
- Offered to Contributing Members and up ($250+)
- Engineering pioneer and avid art collector Morden Yolles invites MOCCA Members into his home for a special look at his extensive collection!
- We will be accompanied by the collection’s archivist, celebrated Toronto-based artist Jade Rude.
- Limited registration.
November 1: THE ART DEPT. Anniversary Affair!
- Offered to THE ART DEPT. Members ($2,000+)
- This November, MOCCA and the National Gallery of Canada will launch the exciting next phase of our award-winning NGC@MOCCA partnership program.
- To celebrate, we invite THE ART DEPT. Members to a very special private reception with NGC Director Marc Mayer, filmmaker David Cronenberg, and TIFF Bell Lightbox Artistic Director Noah Cowan!
- The evening will include a sneak peek of our new NGC@MOCCA exhibition David Cronenberg: Through the Eye.
Discounted Admission to David Cronenberg: Evolution at TIFF Bell Lightbox
- As part of our collaboration with TIFF this fall, ALL MOCCA Members will receive a 20% discount on admission to David Cronenberg: Evolution at TIFF Bell Lightbox, from November 1, 2013 – January 19, 2014!
- A landmark exhibition featuring mysterious artifacts, otherworldly objects, visionary designs, and unseen footage, all offering a rare glimpse into the psyche of one of the world’s most fascinating and provocative filmmakers.
- To take advantage of this exciting offer, present your MOCCA Membership card at the Steve & Rashmi Gupta Box Office at TIFF Bell Lightbox.
- Discount valid off the regular adult admission only. Tickets are on sale September 17 for TIFF Members and September 25 for the public.
Ongoing: Free Reciprocal Admission to National Gallery of Canada Exhibitions!
Don’t miss the current and upcoming exhibitions!
- Open until September 2: Sakahàn: International Indigenous Art
- Sakahàn—meaning “to light [a fire]” in the language of the Algonquin peoples—brings together more than 150 works of recent Indigenous art by over 80 artists from 16 countries, including impressive installations created specifically for the project.
MOCCA is pleased to provide Members with even more art access through the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Program!
- Current MOCCA Members at the Household Member ($100) level and above will benefit from free/member admission and member discounts at participating organizations.
- Qualifying MOCCA Members will receive by mail a gold NARM sticker. Simply attach this sticker to your MOCCA Membership card to take advantage of these additional benefits! Click here for more information.